Spiritual Practices for the 2nd Trimester
Aphrodite Project is all inclusive and pushes no religious philosophy. For simplicity, we will use the term Spirit or God throughout the site.
Continue and build on the practices you began in the 1st Trimester. If you need a refresher refer back to the practices here.
- Journaling is a useful tool to sort through the myriad of emotions and changes pregnancy brings. Remember there are no wrong feelings or emotions. They are yours and they are there for a reason: to teach, reveal, or lead you to a deeper understanding. For guidance on journaling, read here. Download journal pages here.
2. Connect with your baby during your daily prayer and meditation time. Spending time to connect will strengthen your sense of well being and help your baby grow strong. It will also help you see the mother you wish to be. Do one of the connection meditations if you need guidance. Frequently using your second trimester mantras below will help you also.
- Sit comfortably and place one hand on your belly and another on your heart. Allow yourself to visualize the very real connection between you and your baby.
- Send love to your baby. This can be a feeling you send out, you may gently caress your belly, you may sing to your baby, or say words of love and welcome.
- Reaffirm to your baby that she is growing perfectly, she is welcome in your womb, and you nourish her. Affirm to yourself that your body knows exactly what to do and holds the wisdom of generations.
3. Begin your Book of Questions. See article outlining it here. This is an amazing method of opening up yourself as well as dealing with the unknowns.
Affirmations & Mantras
The words we speak to ourselves are powerful. Cognitive psychology as well as most religious traditions tell us the same. Our thoughts effect our physiology and spirit. Mantras, or affirmations, can be used to put our minds in the right place. Each month Aphrodite Project suggest a different mantra related to that stage of pregnancy. For more on mantras read the article What is a Mantra.
Mantras for 2nd Trimester
Month 4: I welcome and nourish you
Month 5: I love and protect you.
Month 6: You are growing with ease.